If you have any special needs please let us know and we’ll do our best to make your stay safe and comfortable.
The St. Athans Hotel welcomes people with disabilities and has developed this access statement to address some of the issues disabled people may face. We aim to ensure all employees, guest and others who use the hotel are treated equally and according to their needs. Whilst the physical limitations of the original 200 year old Georgian Townhouse buildings may impose some constraints, ie. no lifts & uneven floors, we try to offer as much as can in terms of access. However, if you have any special needs, please let us know, and if for some reason we are unable to accommodate you, we will be pleased to recommend a suitable local alternative.
- Our reception is open 24hrs/day, contactable in person and via phone & email.
- Free Wifi is available throughout the whole hotel, and as we are in central London the whole hotel has good coverage for mobile phone reception.
- We welcome pets to the St. Athans, guide dogs are extra welcome
- All London buses are wheelchair accessible – with the nearest bus stops on Tavistock Square. The nearest underground station is Russell Square, unfortunately there is no step free access to this station. The closest stations with step free access are King’s Cross/St. Pancras, and Euston. For more info on London Transport accessibility click here.
- The nearest blue badge car parking bay is in Marchmont Street, and the nearest car park is underneath the Holiday Inn Hotel, Herbrand Street.
- The hotel’s entrance is on Tavistock Place, and has 3 steps to walk up to the ground floor – there is no step free access. As this hinders many wheelchair uses we can recommend hotels nearby that are able to accommodate wheelchair access with ease.
- There is always a member of staff available for any assistance which may be required.
- The reception desk is 76cm high.
- Check-in is also available seated in the Guest Lounge at the guest’s convenience.
- The registration card can be printed in large print, or we can fill it out for you if required.
- The whole hotel is carpeted and well lit.
- The Guest Lounge is located on the ground floor.
- All other floors of the hotel are only accessible by stairs, as we do not have a life, so if this is an issue please alert the reception of your needs when booking.
WCs & showers
- All of our public toilets and showers are unisex, and require walking up or down steps for access – the least being 3 steps.
- We do have a number of ensuite rooms on the ground floor, however none of these rooms have step free access to toilet and shower, or help alarms.
- All bedrooms are strictly no smoking.
- Most rooms in the hotel are quite small and do not allow for much movement, or storage space, please let us know if you need a more spacious room.
- Wash basins are of standard pedestal height
- All rooms have simple light switches and at least one power socket.
- Deafgard alarms are available providing strobe lighting and vibrating pillow upon activation of the fire alarm.
- Every room has a smoke detector, and a fire alarm sounder that is at least 75db at the bedhead. Room specific Fire Evacuation Instructions are located on every bedroom door.
The Guest Lounge
- The floor is carpeted, and all chairs and tables are moveable.
- There is a PC (computer) available for free public use.
- Every effort will be made to ensure you have a comfortable visit. If you have any special requirements which are not listed above do not hesitate to contact us.
Other useful info
- We can store any medications in our fridge – but please let us know beforehand.
- Currently no rooms have tea & coffee making facilities – however, there is a café in the basement of the hotel, and the reception is happy to supply you with hot water.
- The nearest public telephone is in a red phone box is on Tavistock Place, opposite the hotel.
- We can book taxis for travel around London and airport drop offs, and recommend one for pick-ups.
- CCTV is operational in various parts of the hotel.
- Staff training in disability awareness is undertaken as an integral part of the hotel’s induction training.
- Dry cleaning & self-service laundry are available a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
- The University College Hospital (UCH), which has an Accident & Emergency ward, is located 15minutes walk from the hotel.
- There are 2 chemists within 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve – please ask to speak to Stefan Geyer at main reception.
To speak to one of our receptionists call +44 (0)207 837 9140 or email us at info@StAthansHotel.com